Saved Copies of Reports, Analyses & Presentations (SCRAPs), AD.2008.Apr.16.Wed.ICT
* 20,819 timestamped links to the SCRAPs' online versions on this blog's frontpage to date
-- though i'm going to cut that back to a week's worth sometime soon --
still loading in under 30 seconds in Firefox 2x in Saigon, Vietnam,
excluding content linked to other sites.
Pic of the Day
From one of the web pages listed next.
Today had its amusing moments, indubitably. Today's Pic of the Day is for a BBC report about some researchers' confidence in their discovery that giving the ol' dolphin a floggin' is a can reduce prostrate cancer in men. That's, "Masturbation 'cuts cancer risk'". See BeLow.
Three of the big-four state-run English-language online news sites are reporting New7Wonders.com on-line vote has pulled the last of Vietnam's much (locally) ballyhooed entrants from their competition, purportedly due to continued brazen content-ripping from the N7W web site by the fourth of the big-four VN-English dailies, Thanh Nien (Youth), and a few other government-sponsored sites.
The pages not found at the end (ie, top) of today's SCRAPs mark the formerly infringing web pages of the Vietnam post office's eDirectory (Dial 1080) and the state's second biggest-circulation English-language daily, Thanh Nien (Young People). Those two pages, along with two others yet to go 404 (AWOL, disappeared), purportedly copied images and copy from the N7W site, reported Sai Gon Giai Phong (Saigon Liberation) and, also the post-office's VietnamNet.
Surgeons in the Phillipines reportedly apologize for posting a YouTube vidi of their removing an aerosol can inserted into the butt of a man who insulted the gay prostitute who embedded it there.
Rolling Stones gonzo guitarist 'Kief' Richards flips again and tells the press he really snort his father's ashes -- with or without coke remains in question.
Gotta go. More serious stuff includes Vietnam cluing in a bit more on the dangers of global warming and running stock markets without adequately free, transparent and comprehensive legal and financial infrastructures, the e-spionage threat, "green" TV's growing global popularity, relaxing "Zen" quotes, new online acronyms, France taking on skinny pop-culture ideals in fashion models, actresses, etc, etc, etc.
There's way to much to ponder, much less remember each day!
Ah! But can't forget today's RAP adding to the justification for this Kurt-Vonnegut commemorative SCRAPs4DM archive: the Columbia Journalism Review's When Online Stories "Evolve", which proposes the industry ponder guidelines for informing at least news web-site users when RAPs (reports, analyses or presentations) euphemistically "evolve", ie, change while online. No mention is made of pages the just go 404 by the CJR piece.
- 20080416150000: diendan1080.com - page cannot be found
- 20080416145915: Thanh Nien Daily - halong bay promo page
- 20080416145821: halongwonder.com - page cannot be found
- 20080416145748: HA LONG WONDER NATURAL :: SANGPRO DIGITAL IMAGES
- 20080416145730: .: Tuoi Tre Online - Ha Long :.
- 20080416145710: New7Wonders: The whole World of New7Wonders
- 20080416145648: New7Wonders: Live Ranking
- 20080416145632: New7Wonders: THE NEW 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD
- 20080416145614: New7Wonders: Welcome to New7Wonders
- 20080416143324: Global warming rage lets global hunger grow - Telegraph
- 20080416142922: France Takes Aim at Cult Of Thinness - washingtonpost.com
- 20080416142912: VietNamNet - Da Nang to have US$5 billion tourism zone
- 20080416142858: VietNamNet - Ha Long Bay out of world wonder poll
- 20080416142624: TontoandFriends.com: KISS - Brand New Acronyms for Your Internet Use
- 20080416142612: Green TV is red hot, global industry heads say - TV & Radio - Entertainment
- 20080416142604: Timeless Relaxing Zen quotes to soothe your being | EnlightenYourDay.com
- 20080416142554: Big pharma aims to show the drugs still sell | Reuters
- 20080416142546: Blogger: Hồ sơ Người dùng: VioletPlanet
- 20080416142539: VioletPlanet: On Adolf Hitler: The Best Political Weapon...Mythicize
- 20080416142532: Obama and a post-racial America - - Breaking News, Political News & National Security News - The Washington Times
- 20080416142525: The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan
- 20080416142517: BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | China 'must not return N Koreans'
- 20080416142508: Biometric methadone dispensers tested on UK lags | The Register
- 20080416142458: China demands apology from Cafferty - CNN.com
- 20080416142451: Surgeons in 'can job' video in hot water in Philippines : Asia World
- 20080416142444: Both floors keep falling -- Vietnam's largest Online News Database by Intellasia
- 20080416142436: Vietnam needs $3.8 bln for seaport development_English_Xinhua
- 20080416142427: BBC NEWS | Health | Masturbation 'cuts cancer risk'
- 20080416142418: Vietnam discovers 2,000-year-old-plus bronze drum_English_Xinhua
- 20080416142405: Firedoglake » It's Official: Bush Is Objectively The Most Hated President In History
- 20080416142355: Bennet Kelley: The Ricing on the Cake for a Republican Disaster - Politics on The Huffington Post
- 20080416142346: Iraqi Unit Flees Post, Despite American's Plea - New York Times
- 20080416142334: Digg - We Drive, They Starve.
- 20080416142324: Net help for persecuted tribes of Laos and Vietnam
- 20080416142315: Rocker Peter Gabriel offers Filter to cut through online clutter | Tech news blog - CNET News.com
- 20080416142305: Merck Wrote Drug Studies for Doctors - New York Times
- 20080416142254: Hillier leaves on his own terms
- 20080416142248: Media & brand monitoring, alternative research, social media research for institutional investors, Fortune 1000
- 20080416142240: More Money for Collective Intellect to Keep Fingers on Pulse of Internet
- 20080416142232: History's 7 Most Astounding Sexual Resumes - Page 2 | Cracked.com
- 20080416142221: History's 7 Most Astounding Sexual Resumes | Cracked.com
- 20080416142212: The Wild Wild East "Dailies": Stream Of SubConsciousness...
- 20080416075116: The Great Beyond: Heated row over cooling article
- 20080416074037: The New E-spionage Threat
- 20080416074028: Developer Preview Shows Off the GIMP's New Look | Compiler from Wired.com
- 20080416074020: Vintage sexist coffee TV commercial - Boing Boing
- 20080416074013: The Inconvenient Truth 2.0 » Celsias
- 20080416074004: TAPPED Archive | The American Prospect
- 20080416073955: New Obama Girls: "White Haired Women For Obama" - Politics on The Huffington Post
- 20080416073944: Matthew Palevsky: Ex-CIA Analyst Outs Cheney - The Huffington Post
- 20080416073931: Sherman Yellen: Confessions of an Elitist - Politics on The Huffington Post
- 20080416073922: Change sweeping North Korea | The Japan Times Online
- 20080416073912: G7's dim view of global economy | The Japan Times Online
- 20080416073902: What China and the world must do now | The Japan Times Online
- 20080416073853: Caution still advised for resilient Brazil | The Japan Times Online
- 20080416073843: Environment-friendly model cities sought | The Japan Times Online
- 20080416073833: Food price, safety concerns on rise | The Japan Times Online
- 20080416073822: Banks' subprime losses said small | The Japan Times Online
- 20080416073813: TheStar.com | World | Pope 'deeply ashamed' of abuse scandal
- 20080416073806: CJR: McCain and Global Warming
- 20080416073755: Tom Gerdy: Much Worse Than Bitter! - Politics on The Huffington Post
- 20080416073744: Keith Richards: I DID Snort My Dad's Ashes - Entertainment on The Huffington Post
- 20080416073733: Allison Kilkenny: Dissing God - The Huffington Post
- 20080416073723: Square Shooters: Four 5-Megapixel Camera Phones Judged and Rated
- 20080416073714: globeandmail.com: Ottawa plans $330-million for First Nations water systems
- 20080416073706: Crude jumps to new trading high as dollar weakens - Apr. 15, 2008
- 20080416073659: CJR: When Online Stories "Evolve"
- 20080416073649: Commentary: Inside the Twisted Mind of the Security Professional
- 20080416073636: NASA - Milky Way's Giant Black Hole Awoke from Slumber 300 Years Ago
- 20080416073617: Obama Outraises Clinton Among Small Town Pennsylvanians - Politics on The Huffington Post
- 20080416073607: The Kanzius Machine: A Cancer Cure?, Inventor Tells 60 Minutes He Hopes To Live Long Enough To See Machine Cure Humans - CBS News
- 20080416073558: Mercian Labels stuck on open source software - Birmingham Post
- 20080416073548: BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Forecast for big sea level rise
- 20080416073541: Nhan Dan ---Business
- 20080416073527: Discovering Porn (On Your Boyfriend's Computer) : DivineCaroline
- 20080416073519: Assassin's Creed on the PC: bad UI, bad DRM, bad port
- 20080416073510: Monroe BJ film - world exclusive still | The Register
- 20080416073455: Long-lost article by Obama's dad surfaces - Ben Smith and Jeffrey Ressner - Politico.com
- 20080416073447: BBC NEWS | Europe | UN calls for farming revolution
- 20080416073437: 21 Vietnamese 'poachers' escape, leave behind 2 companions - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos
- 20080416073429: scientific study about Debian governance and organization / Linux blog / Tech Force - Linux Blog
- 20080416073411: The First Draft of History Looks a Bit Rough on Bush - US News and World Report
- 20080416073402: BBC NEWS | Business | 'Threat' to future of Russia oil
- 20080416073351: Linda Keenan: I'm an Aging Facebook Whore & Maybe a Loser, Too - Media on The Huffington Post
- 20080416073343: Physicists model how we form opinions
- 20080416073335: Monroe BJ film goes for $1.5m | The Register
- 20080416073326: BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Visions of Sun's great 'belches'
- 20080416073316: BBC NEWS | Technology | Wikipedia takes business approach
- 20080416073305: The Cape Breton Post: Local News | RCMP have busted another marijuana grow op in Cape Breton
- 20080416073256: Marijuana Use On The Rise Among Ontario, Canada Adults
- 20080416073250: The Canadian Press: Health Canada looking for firm to grow its medical marijuana
- 20080416073242: The Free Press -- Independent News Media - International Issues
- 20080416050413: "Weekly Review" by Paul Ford (Harper's Magazine)
- 20080416050409: ihackr - never trust a hippy download/rapidshare/craks/serials/keygen links
- 20080416050402: Buddhist Geeks | Falling Fruit